Sunday, March 11, 2012

Something to Blog About, Making It Better

I like the feeling that I get after finishing a post. It's a small accomplishment, but it is a discernible accomplishment - something to feel proud about. The writing may not be the best, but putting the thoughts into a communication helps to keep the thoughts left in there straight.

So what to blog about? I've been thinking about this every week or so since HSC was first written. It should be something that adds to the discourse without being as trite as Facebook statuses can be. Self improvement might be just the thing, but I'm inviting any followers to join me. (There may be three right now.)

Baby steps first - exercising will help lose weight, lower blood pressure and counteract diabetic symptoms. Visiting the gym helps one exercise, as does walking, running, cycling, or swimming. A goal of exercising five to six times a week for thirty to 90 minutes is what I need to get started.

So, there's the goal. Blogging about it should give an impetus to stay on track. If this works, I'll switch the focus to diet, sleep, and other subjects to try and remain healthy. I'm starting out at 229 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. I really haven't been trying to get my weight down, but have somehow managed to drop about 15 pounds over the last six months or so. And I have found over the years that the slower I lose the weight, the more likely it will stay off. So, while I do want to get down another 25 pounds, I don't plan to work too hard to do it. Though, with the weather warming and the pool now open, I might get down there for some swimming over the next few months. I do know that an evening swim has always improved my sleep. I just have to find some way to make it a habit. Maybe by following your blog and "reporting" on my progress will help with that.

    ReplyDelete